Getting to know you, Getting to know all about you.
Just copy and paste and put your own answers in. The purpose of this is to get to know your friends better and it’s so much fun!
Here are the rules – post this list on your Blog replacing my answers with yours. Tag 25 people to do the same thing.
If I tagged YOU, it’s because I want to know more about YOU!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Both my mother and father had sisters called Margaret. My dad’s sister got involved with a violent drunk and was always running home to her mum after a beating. One day she came home after her nightie caught alight and she died. Her daughters, Cath and Pat were raised by my Grandma.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Two nights ago in frustration at being asked for more than Iw a able to give.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I do. However other people have issues with reading it. My m other can’t read it. Tony can’t read it.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Grilled chicken thigh meat or salmon.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? yes, two sons and five daughters, in that order and ranging in age from 31 to 13. I also have a grandson ( aged 6) and almost 3 grandaughters ( Lizzie 2 and a half, Cleo 1 and a quarter and Tess is due first week of March)
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Absolutely. I am loyal, honest, caring, mischievous and can be immense fun
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? You mean “the lowest form of wit?” A lot less than I used to. I also loathe mockery.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes. And my appendics
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Not in the least interested. But adore jet boat rides. Will also fly a Cessna 150 garbage can with wings but will NOT jump out of a plane.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I really don’t like cereal, however I have become interested in barley ( with no additions) and will often have a tablespoon of steel cut oats with two spoons of no fast yoghurt and the addition of some berries as well as a handful of almonds and some sunflower seeds and pepitas.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? My shoes no longer have shoe laces, but I do untie them if they do. I must set a good example.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Creme brulee flavour as well as lemon gelato. And passionfruit.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? In the first glance, how they carry themselves; the aura they give off and when closer I seek out their eyes.
15. RED OR PINK? red
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I am always seeking to find balance and always looking for ways to improve myself.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Most of the people I love and adore are nearby or I am in touch with them. There are one or two people from my past I will always miss, but they are a part of me so there is a part of them always with me. Does that make sense?
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST? I would like to know more about those I am growing to know. I am ever and always increasingly curious.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? white three quarter light leggings with a white t shirt and bare feet. I have deep red nail polish on my toes, but in summer I wander barefoot through and around the house.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? As Lizzie stayed the night, I have a teletubbies episode playing in the background, leonnie adding in comments ( at 13 she still enjoys teletubbies but not where anyone can see her…and Laaa Laaa is her favourite. Lizzie is murmurring with her and loves Po! I can hear the fan stirring the air in the lounge room as the heat is already pushing against every window in the place and gathering in the brickwork and the summer morning grows. Geni ( aged 14) is on the phone to her friends arranging time to meet up to catch the bus to the beach ( and has just wrangled an advance on next weeks pocket money from me. )
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? That would change with my moods but right now it is bright red.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Bread baking, jasmine at dusk clouding the air with that overpowering scent, ripe pineapple and melon, freshly washed hair and hands….
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Tess and Amy; Tess was driving and Amy drove the phone to see if I wanted any groceries – a timely call because although Iw as baking a roasting pan of lasagna, I had run out of bread and cheese ( both of which Lizzie loves).
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Soccer tennis and cricket.
27. HAIR COLOR? red, copper with some grey.
28. EYE COLOR? Green
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Not at all.
30. FAVORITE FOOD? fresh.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Thriller, fantasy, and I adore happy endings in books movies and life.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Twilight and Australia with Geni and Leonnie
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? white
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? spring/fall
35. HUGS OR KISSES? More kisses.. I could quote from Bull Durham her; a long slow wet kiss that lasts for days
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Whoever is in the mood
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? probably most
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING RIGHT NOW? Just completed a door stop called Ilario and will collect something else today
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I don’t have a mousepad.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? I didn’t after the news.
42. FAVORITE SOUND(S)? Chatter of those I love around and about. My mum telling me the same story for the fifth time, Geni and Leonnie laughing instead of bickering and sniping at each other…. the laughter of my children and grandchildren. The timbre of their voices when they confide in me. Cockatoos playing in a flock above the weekday commuter traffic and swinging around telephone wires and squarking happily…
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles
44. WHAT’S THE FARTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME? Thurslo in Scotland, or Chetwynd in Northern BC Canada, or Cape of Good Hope….
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I have been blessed with lots of talents; I sketch, paint, write, and love deeply – the kind of love one lives and not just talks about.
46 WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Sydney Australia
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Everyones
48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER? I saw him first when someone I was working with kept pestering me to join her and her group of friends out one winter evening. I accepted out of being polite. I looked around a bar crowded with friday night suits and watched and could not see a single male who interested me. In he walked. However at the time he was with someone else. So I greeted them both, and excused myself and walked home. Fast forward 6 months and I had moved into a Lane Cove unit and this same friend asked me to meet up with her as she had a tough week. Friday evening again and she asked me to join her at the Longueville Hotel. I had to ask her where that was. Her reply was Walk out your front door and down the steps and look up. Over I went and she joined me and not long afterwards he came along ( she had asked him too. She went home and we began a conversation which has still not ended.