Who am I?
I am the girl
- who chooses to walk in the rain, delighting in the feel of water and the drenching, aware of the interplay of every breeze playing around me.
- who stands on a hillock or a breakwater, arms outstretching welcoming an oncoming storm; excited by the lightening, and the thunder, breating in the electric air and revelling in the light, laughing as the storm races in.
- who sings, even when there is no music playing.
- who quotes poetry and hears it whispered in the quiet when no sound is around
- who paints, the images struggling to free themselves and live on canvas through my gift.
- who will jump on a plane just because and open myself totally to new places and people
- who will throw myself into someone’s arms
- who will love someone so long and so hard they can’t stand up in the morning.
- who understand the colour of words
- who feels like a helium balloon looking or an anchor to keep me tethered to earth
I am waiting for a new door to open. I am aware I can walk right by it, or straight through it.
I m paused. For now.
My life has been one great big joke,
A dance that’s walked,
A song that’s spoke,
I laugh so hard I almost choke,
When I think about myself.