I sit here as Saturday grows around me. My new iPad is belting out some of my favourite music, (the sound track to Wicked) Geni has gone to work ( her Saturday shift) and I have just uploaded some quick snaps I took as I travelled northwards for work this week and decided it was time to catch up.
By the way, if anyone wants to come and help me assemble a couple of flat pack chocolate brown waist high cabinets with doors – I would enjoy the company. I purchased these 2 weeks ago and a third with them. The first I unboxed, followed instructions and in the course of a Saturday afternoon armed with a trusty couple of screw drivers and instructions which I could miraculously read and follow and a sturdy pair of heels in lieu of a hammer, and the eventual item stands proudly in a previously naked corner usefully providing storage. However like all good things there was a price to pay; my palms were terribly blistered and bruised. Consequently I allowed healing tme before attempting cabinet 2 and 3. Two weeks have passed. It is time and slated on my To Do list for today. Wish me luck. Of course I would welcome help??!!!
Come on Maggie – bite the bullet!!!!
Weekend To DO
- Wish Ms Lizzie a Happy 5th birthday( my haven’t those 5 years sped by)
- I cleared Ms Lizzie’s gift with her mum yesterday so I’ll pick it up and wrap it today, in preparation for the scheduled Family cake cutting around lunch time tomorrow. Yes – the tribe will gather. That makes me smile. My tribe. All these wonderful and wondrous personalities and people are here and alive because of me ( except for my mum who will also be there – I am here, because of her!!!!!)
- Buy coffee. Would you believe I am out??? GASP!!! I know I have cut down in the past years but I can’t be out of coffee.
- Those cabinets and then rearrange.
- Weekly full home clean; dusting, swiping, vacuuming, mopping
- Walk for an hour ( hello iPod and runners!!!)
- Plan the week’s menu and do the grocery shopping for the first couple of days
- Catch up on all my favourite people’s blogs/lives
- Find some time to rest
- Catch up on some documentation
- Do some reading for my next major assignment
- Play with my new iPad, a bit more… some.