Today I am a bit tired and my muscles are screaming at me a little; those along my thighs and down the side of my body particularly. I ache, therefore I am. It is a good ache and makes me aware of the muscles that support my walking and being and doing.
I have also noticed that despite the Christmas excess of ultra sweet goodies when I look in the mirror my skin is glowing somewhat an my clothing is a little looser.
- I will write in my journal. I will focus on some of the discoveries I have made about my body in the last few days – the feel at the back of my knees when I sit down and stand up; my struggles with the balance poses in yoga, how I actually like salad and green vegetables, and watermelon frappes that are just watermelon, ice and protein powder!!! How have these discoveries impacted on how I feel about life? What other life changes would I like to make?
- I will meditate: I will start my day before I get out of bed. I will lie relaxed on the mattress with m hands at my side and breathing consciously. While breathing I will explore my body mentally keeping my eyes closed. I will begin by feeling and becoming aware of my feet. I will imagine what they look like viewed from above. I will imagine them heavy and solid and secure on the earth. I will follow this pattern all the way up my entire body to the crown of my head.
- I will do 15 minutes of Yoga: I have discovered I enjoy the Sun Salutations and the awareness of breathing that comes with them and will now speed up a little without losing my breathing or m form and will add some other poses, like the tree and the Warrior.
- I will walk for 45 minutes. Again I will be conscious of my breathing. I will up the pace a little and move briskly. I will choose a safe route for my walk with varied terrain, especially hills and steps to increase the benefit to my heart and lungs. Uphill walking is good too as it tightens your butt, thighs and lower legs but decreases the stress on your knees.
- I will do an extra 1 hour of stretching and strength training. I will use cans form the pantry instead of weights to help define the muscles on my arms.
- before I begin to eat I will take three deep, long breaths. I will relax while I do this. I will pay attention to what I will eat so I do not eat mindlessly.
I WILL EAT:
- ON WAKING: A glass of hot water with a squeeze of lemon.
- BREAKFAST: 200gm Amaranth made into porridge with 200ml water and a splash of skim milk.
- LUNCH: 200gm black beans, cooked, drained and rinsed mixed with 1 diced tomato 1 small diced onion, half diced red capsicum, 1 minced garlic clove,dress with a combo of 2tbs fresh lemon juice with 1 tbs olive oil, 1 tbs toasted pepitas and a handful of chopped coriander leaves.
- DINNER: Clear chicken soup with lime and avocado, followed by Steamed fish with fresh ginger sauce over soba noodles.
- TREAT: Pineapple poached in orange juice and chilled
CHALLENGE: Today I will focus on discovery and looking at this wonderful gift I have been given; this body. I will consider the way it moves, it’s abilities and its limitations. This is about rediscovering parts of myself I may have neglected or forgotten, including my spirit and my passion. This is about what will make my heart sing. I will identify what changes I wish to make in other parts of my life.
INDULGENCE: To energise and warm my sore muscles I will grate a small piece of fresh ginger and mix it with a palmful of unscented body lotion. I will massage this into my skin for a deliciously fragrant experience. This will tingle and moisture and will feel especially great on the feet!!